Wednesday 11 April 2012

Echo Park Inspiration with JessicaT

Jessica Toulmin back for you today, and today I have two projects I made using the Echo Park: A Boy’s Life collection. It is a bright and cheery collection, good for both little and big boys, but would also be great for playful young girls too.

For the first project, I didn’t like the colours in the photo because of the amount of dull grey sand and both boys were in grey and khaki clothing, so I changed the photo to black and white. It not only looks a lot better, but also allowed me to then use a ton of colour on the page too.

Sand Castle Under Construction
To replicate this project you will need:
White textured cardstock; Echo Park: A Boy’s Life – Charmer, Play Time and Suave double sided, patterned cardstock; Echo Park: A Boy’s Life - alpha cardstock stickers; May Arts: Celery and Scarlet 3/8 grosgrain ribbons, and Green Tara: Gold and Sage fringe ribbons; Fancy Pants: Tradition buttons; Double sided tape, foam dots/ tape, blue ink pen.




For my second project, all the colours in the picture were different blues and white, so I really wanted to stick with those colours. The majority of the layout is done with one piece of patterned cardstock (front and back).

Proud Dad
To replicate this project you will need:
White textured cardstock; Echo Park: A Boy’s Life Suave double sided cardstock; Echo Park: A Boy’s Life alpha cardstock stickers; Fancy Pants: Little Sprout blue ball trim; Blue thread, double sided tape, foam dots/ tape, blue ink pen.



My stitched hearts:

Draw or trace a shape of your choice with a pencil, then pierce holes along the lines with your paper resting on a few thicknesses of towel so the needle can pierce the paper. Then rub the lines out when all the holes have been pierced.


I don’t tie a knot on the back, I leave the tail loose so it doesn't make a bump – just don’t pull too tight on the first few stitches. I stitch every second gap.





You can then go around again and fill in the remaining gaps when you’re done if you want, or with a second colour. I had some with gaps and some without. To finish, I wrote my journaling in the stitched hearts.

I hope you have enjoyed the inspiration I have for you today. On ANZAC Day I will have two more projects with this Echo Park collection, and also some from 7 Gypsies.

Until then, take care.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...