Saturday 7 April 2012

Easter OTP Inspiration

Hi Everyone!

April seems to have arrived soooo quickly!, and its Easter already.  Hopefully not all of you have to work over the holiday period, and will have time to spend with family and of course scrap all those photos you're bound to take this weekend :)

A lot people I know plan Easter egg hunts around their property, to create a bit of fun and excitement for their little ones, and with that in mind I decorated a old paint tin I had lying around - it actually used to hold loads of prima flowers, but I kept hold of it thinking it would come in handy for something!  I have seen these in the craft aisle at The Warehouse - writing this I seem to have a habit of going there for bits to scrap :)


Ive decorated the whole tin in Prima Celebrations paper - I wanted something Easter themed and this was perfect.  Even though its from last season, who cares when it looks so good lol.  (Theres still some in the shop I have'nt taken all of it lol.)  For the bow I cut the strips I needed and  distressed the edges, then I sprayed them with water and screwed them up in balls.  Spread them out again and and played with them until I had the shape of my bow that I wanted, and waited for them to dry. Ive attached the paper bow with double sided tape and my trusty hot glue gun.



On the lid I created my garden for the Easter egg hunt with a Prima vine and resin bridge.  The little people, chickens and rabbit are cut from the designs on the paper. Everything has been hot glued on, and the lid still comes off to fill the tin with your wonderful stash of Easter eggs.



The card is made from scraps left over using three different Spellbinders dies for layering - Labels Twenty Three, Lacey Ovals and Large Classic Ovals.  Behind the seam binding triple bow is a Martha Stewart punch.



Happy Easter everyone!
Megan

2 comments:

Francine said...

beautiful work Megan

Heidi said...

wow - LOVE that BOW idea... very very cool Megan

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...