Saturday 18 February 2012

Valentines OTP inspiration

Even though Valentines is a few days past, I wanted to share with you a project that I created to help my husband and I celebrate our first Valentines day! As soon as Adrienne asked me to join the Off the Page design team I knew I wanted to take the opportunity to create some projects that allow me to express my creativity outside the realm of layouts and cards, though there will be lots of cards coming up too!


I had so much fun with this project. While I tailored this "Love Potion" for Valentines (really just Sparkling Blood Orange Juice from the grocery store), I plan to re-use the idea for other holidays or special events. What fun you can have with re-labeling your favourite drinks! My husband loved this.


The first step to creating this project is removing the labels from the glass which I did by soaking the bottle in warm water and a little white vinegar. After about 10 minutes, the label peeled off very nicely. The adorable kit that Scrappin Patch sent all the way to wintry Canada consisted of everything except the alphabets I used in the "potion". I loved how the ruffled ribbon and metal locket added to the look that I was trying to create.


I'm so excited to be part of this incredible team and looking forward to sharing more in the month of March. I'd love to see any projects you might create inspired by this! Thanks for looking.

Rebecca

3 comments:

Megs said...

what a cool idea!! Looks very impressive, and I love the label :)

Unknown said...

Awesome idea!!! Nicely done :)

Lainie said...

What a fabulous idea! I must remember this for other occasions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...