Thursday 16 February 2012

Product Focus: Glimmer Glaze & Chipboard!

Good morning! I'm excited to share with you my product focus for this month: Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze & The Dusty Attic Chipboard! I've never used glimmer glaze before, so I was anxious to get started :).
I was delighted to find that the Glimmer Glaze has its very own brush within the cap, and it's exactly like a nail polish brush! That makes it very easy (especially if you're a woman!) to paint with, even on very small areas. I knew I wanted to use this particular shade to dress up this particular piece of chipboard to coordinate with my Christmas-themed layout I was working on.


As you can see, the piece is a little shiny- and I'll reveal why in my next post, when I teach you how to get the aged finish below:
I really love the bright, shimmery effect of the Glimmer Glaze- and that chipboard is such an easy surface on which to use it (and it dries quickly too!). I also used the glaze on the holly berries in the spray at the top of the ornament- what is nice is the etchings around the berries help keep the glaze from running- which is especially nice when painting a very small area.

Next what I did was use some green acrylic paint to paint the leaves and some Ranger Stickles to decorate the bow. My final touches were some tulle and rhinestones and you have your very own custom embellishment!

For my next experiment with the Glimmer Glaze I decided to dress up some plain KaiserCraft white paper blooms. Simply by taking the brush and lightly running it over the edges of the flowers, you get this fun effect:
I also used it to paint the bow on this horn, as well as some Stickles to dress up the rest, to be used on a future layout:
And here is my project showcasing how you can use your hand crafted chipboard accent to coordinate as you wish. I definitely went for the traditional red, green, and white Christmas colors on this First Christmas page for my daughter Aspen. I used the gorgeous Basic Grey Nordic Holiday collection once again, pulling out the more holiday-themed pieces from the line to coordinate with my theme :).
Thank-you so much for stopping by and having a peek. I hope you try out some of this fabulous Glimmer Glaze for yourself. Since this project, I have done a bit more experimenting and found it works great for a trend I've been seeing everywhere: paint runs. Just pour a small dot of glaze on your paper and then stand the paper up, letting the glaze run down your page. It works nicely here as this particular medium is thicker than mist but thinner than paint- exactly what you need to create this effect :).

And as far as The Dusty Attic's chipboard? Versatile as they come- I just love that you can create something that nobody else has- and coordinate it to perfectly accomodate your project.

Finally, don't forget that you can get the Nordic Holiday range from Basic Grey at 20% off at the Scrappin' Patch store until February 17th! Just enter erin into the coupon box during your online checkout process!!

Products Used: Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze (Sangria), The Dusty Attic Chipboard, Ranger Stickles, Bazzill Tulle (Grasshopper), Rhinestones, Nordic Holiday Paper- Arctic Yule, Nordic Holiday Paper- Catching Air, Nordic Holiday Paper- Yard, Nordic Holiday Die Cut Shapes, Nordic Holiday Layered Stickers, Nordic Holiday Stitched Brads, Nordic Holiday 12x12 Sticker Sheet (included in the collection pack), Prima Fluer de Lys (Ivory), KaiserCraft Paper Blooms (Coconut).

4 comments:

Megs said...

I love your layout Erin! And you're right Glimmer Glaze is a fab product!

Heidi said...

absolutely gorgeous, love the way you made your own embellishment

Michellevo said...

Wow, thanks for sharing on the glimmer glaze - can see that this could become a very important part of my stash hehehe ... awesome layout!

Lainie said...

Take a bow! I love this layout and ditto Michellevo on the glimmer glaze!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...