Saturday 11 February 2012

Basic Grey Inspiration!

Good morning! This is my very first post as a new design team member at Scrappin' Patch and I'm thrilled to be here! I've got some great inspiration coming your way using the amazing Nordic Holiday collection from Basic Grey. I was very excited to receive this line in my kit. I just love its warm, eclectic patterns- perfect for scrapping Christmas photos. And living in cold Northeastern Minnesota, it's also very complimentary of the many snow scene shots I get during our long winters.

For this layout, I really wanted to show how you can mix and match the different patterns of this collection. I started by tearing along the top of my base paper and adding torn layers in behind it. But of course I did not use full sheets of paper behind, only what I needed- saving the rest to be used in future layouts. I always like to stretch my stash as far as possible!

I then added stitching along the sides and bottom, as well as stitched on the circle behind my photo. I matted my photo using a journaling tag from the collection, topping it off with a pretty tulle bow. After adding some strips of paper (some punched with a Martha Stewart punch from my stash) and a couple border stickers from the 12x12 sticker sheet, I adhered my photo. The layered stickers with this collection are just awesome- I especially loved this little red cabin with the snow covered roof. It reminds me of the little cabin we live in- and it just seems to add a little more warmth to this layout.

Finally, I had some fun creating the button & brad twine banner- it helps draw the eye from the photo to the journaling and back again :). Throw in some mist splats and simple title and my layout is complete!




And here are a couple of close-ups for you:

I hope I was able to give you a little bit of inspiration today :)~ and encouraged you to try your own hand at this beautiful line! Nordic Holiday is actually on sale this week, starting today (Saturday, 11th of Feb.) until next Friday the 17th! Just enter "erin" in the coupon box during the online checkout process and you'll receive 20% off!!!! How can you resist a deal like THAT?! Can't wait to see what you create! :)


Supplies Used: Nordic Holiday Papers- Gondola, Wedge, & Half Pipe, Nordic Holiday Die Cut Shapes, Nordic Holiday Layered Stickers, Nordic Holiday Stitched Brads, Nordic Holiday 12x12 Sticker Sheet (included in the collection pack), Tulle- Candy Apple by Bazzill.

8 comments:

Heidi said...

erin this is absolutely stunning, I love what you have done using these papers... awesome job

Michellevo said...

love it ... just gorgeous xxx

Janice said...

Welcome Erin! What a delightful LO. Inspirational? Oh yes, sure is! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations.

Unknown said...

Wow, Erin!! Gorgeous debut project, I love it!

CraftyLana said...

Love the torn paper. Gorgeous :)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic LO, love everything about it!!

Lainie said...

This is totally awesome! I wish I could walk right into it.

GLOANN said...

You "built" a wonderful LO with this kit, Erin. Loved seeing it. Afraid I wouldn't have much use for wintry looks. I think we just had our one or two days of winter as it got all the way down to 28 degrees Sat. night here! So not many wintry pictures for scrapping.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...